пятница, 24 апреля 2015 г.

University Student Success & Leadership Secrets - International Students, Global & Cultural Awareness



College student success & leadership would stop being complete without addressing the significance of global and cultural awareness. As a world traveler, I received a priceless education while surviving in Asia and Europe. My countless visits to Latin America and Africa taught me concerning the diversity of folks and ethnicities.

Actually during my first trip to east Africa, I slept in the tent for a couple of of the three months I found myself from the war-torn continent. I had been thus far out in "the bush" many children screamed when they saw me, thinking me as a ghost. It was actually the craziest cross-cultural experience I actually have had by far. In addition to, as i arrived in several villages, the natives gathered around me saying, "Mzungu! Mzungu!" (meaning "white man"). I later learned many of them had never seen a white man before.

Upon realizing there was no electricity in a lot of the villages where I might be staying, I soon realized why no white men had ventured out this far. Nevertheless because I found myself serving within a humanitarian capacity and equipping the nationals to pioneer a brand new path of leadership to improve the regular of life for their villages, I happily endured some physical discomfort to further improve the lives of these I had visit reach. Yet I cannot say there was clearly some serious sacrifices involved sometimes, specially when I had been food poisoned once i ate dried fish (which I assumed - a hazardous move to make - it was freshly caught and cooked).

Upon traveling to 50 plus countries and 6 continents, by way of as a likeable guy, I had been often required to speak at schools, colleges, and native universities. It was i then discovered my heartfelt passion to empower Brown Mackie college to obtain success, greatness, and assume leadership roles in society.

While living abroad in Asia, I lived extensively in many countries where I became deeply familiar with Indian, Chinese, and Pakistani culture. Many people continually amaze and astound me with regards to their industrious work ethic and profound intelligence.

Yet cross-culturally, living abroad was no easy task. However I learned experientially the down sides and struggles international students face when tackling education abroad and embracing some other culture. Now as i talk to students, international students specifically, I understand how to relate and speak in the heart effectively. Experientially I have got the recognize how and skill also to humorously disarm and challenge erroneous stereotypes American students have about other ethnicities and nationalities on the list of international college student body.

Helping produce a worldwide and cultural awareness among ethnic groups and diverse nationalities is quite rewarding. Seeing students embrace, forgive one another, make amends, are available together is the most fulfilling and dynamic thing anybody can facilitate and experience as being a university student success speaker.

American students (still living in your own home somewhat, at least in their own individual country) will never commence to picture the difficulty of going abroad and living in an international country. Although Americans are really welcoming people, we also sadly is often a lttle bit judgmental and ignorant in terms of those all over the world living in our midst.

For instance, a common mistake is to think an Indian Sikh is a Muslim. Most Americans cannot differentiate (physically or geographically) between an Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, or person from Nepal.

Therefore I like to enter into colleges and help bridge the gaps, enable students to better understand one another, genuinely interact face-to-face despite cross-cultural challenges, and create a family feel on college and university campuses among students of all ethnic and racial groups.

Making every nationality feel comfortable on a college campus is a thing a deeply wish to facilitate and achieve because i speak across college campuses in your nation. I take great pride and joy in empowering everyone from everywhere to experience college success. Cultural assimilation and diversity awareness, in addition to meaningful integration, is my heartfelt passion.

Hearing and knowing the global community and ways to integrate skillfully in to the international community and collaborate to improve results academically and professionally is difficult work. Nevertheless with humility and sincerity a global community can become family on every college campus to be able to ensure the prosperity of every college student no matter their race, ethnicity, or nationality.

Building bridges and making a global community in your college or university, will serve everyone well throughout the global marketplace of ideas and business. Since we interact across national lines and borders to cross-pollinate academically and professionally, together we mightily enhance the educational experience and catapult student success.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий